2020 DSEF Scholarship Applications – Applications Have Closed
The Direct Sellers Association of Canada (DSA) will award up to six $2,000 academic scholarships to the child or grandchild of active independent representatives (ISC) of DSA member companies or those that are representatives themselves. The Direct Sellers Association of Canada (DSA) will also award one $2,000 academic scholarship to the son or daughter of a full time permanent employee of a DSA member company. In addition the DSA will donate $1,000 to the school of the #1 ranked recipient in each category.
These scholarships are made possible by funding from the DSA and leadership of the Direct Selling Education Foundation of Canada (DSEF). Scholarship recipients will be selected on the basis of the impact direct selling has had on their life, academic performance, faculty recommendation, extracurricular activities/community involvement and employment experience.
The application is a two-stage process. To qualify, applicants must satisfy all of the following criteria:
- Has submitted the application form by the specified deadline.
- I am or have a parent, grandparent or legal guardian that is an active independent distributor/representative/consultant for a DSA member company OR have a parent or legal guardian that is a full time permanent employee of a member company. (Representative must provide a valid representative number and identify DSA member company).
- Representative and DSA member company must be in good standing as of the application deadline.
- Full-time student registered in a degree or diploma program at a Canadian college or university entering the second, third or fourth year or enrolled in a three or four year CEGEP or technical school program. First year students are not eligible.
Applications have closed. Thank you to everyone who applied.
- Only those selected for stage 2 will be notified
- Provide most recent college/university transcript (does not need to be an official transcript).
- Provide proof of enrollment in an accredited Canadian college or university program.
- Provide Letter of Reference from Faculty Member.
- Provide video application/testimonial.
2019 Scholarship Recipients
The DSA has awarded six (6) $2,000 scholarships to both deserving children of active Independent Sales Consultants (ISCs) of DSA Member Companies and ISCs who themselves are students. The DSA has also awarded one (1) scholarship of $2,000 to a deserving child of a DSA Member Company employee.
The seven recipients of the 2019 DSA Academic Scholarships are:
- Katherine Hanlon-Wadman, Mary Kay*, Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Kaitlyn Skinner, Arbonne International Canada, University of Alberta
- Jacqueline Sahagian, AVON Canada Inc., University of Toronto (Scarborough Campus)
- Sofia Somani-Slater, Arbonne International Canada, University of Waterloo
- Alana Madrid, Cutco/Vector Marketing, University of Calgary
- Jaeleen Koscielski, AVON Canada Inc., University of Waterloo
- Tristan Rebello, Mary Kay*, Ryerson University
Additionally, for the second year in a row, the DSA is awarding $1,000 grants to the academic institution of two (2) of the scholarship recipients*. Both Memorial University of Newfoundland and Ryerson University will receive the grants, as the DSA strives to promote the integrity, trust and transparency of direct selling, a business model that is underrepresented in education.