About the DSA
Since 1954, the Direct Sellers Association of Canada has established and upheld rigorous standards, ethics and good business practices, as the recognized voice of our industry. We are a family of competitors, using our combined strength to ensure fairness in regulations and to gain credibility and respect with Canadians.
As an industry that connects 1.3 million Canadians to entrepreneurial opportunity and enrichment, we provide assurance of member company integrity and a foundation of trust for independent sales consultants (ISCs) and consumers.
The DSA is devoted to serving the direct selling industry in Canada – whether working on behalf of members to address issues of importance, providing member companies and their ISCs with support, educating the public on the benefits of direct selling, or ensuring consumer protection by enforcing the high standards set out in our Codes of Ethics & Business Practices.
MISSION: To promote, serve and protect the interests of our member companies and independent direct sellers marketing their products, and ensure the highest level of business ethics and service to consumers.
VISION: To be universally recognized as the mark of trust and integrity in the Canadian direct selling industry.
DSA’S STRATEGIC PILLARS
- Because industry integrity is the cornerstone of the DSA, we will uphold the Codes of Ethics and Business Practices as pledges for companies and ISCs to abide by. Each member company must rededicate annually to these gold standard provisions.
- GOVERNMENT RELATIONS
- On behalf of its members and their independent sales consultants, the DSA will play an active role in the public arena, impacting policy and advocating for important issues at federal, provincial and municipal levels.
- The DSA will clearly communicate its successes, challenges, asks and vision to members, government and other key stakeholders. We will provide forums for the sharing of ideas and the development of policy solutions.We will promote the value that the direct selling industry brings to Canadian communities.
- MEMBER BENEFITS & EDUCATION
- The DSA will provide value to its members through advocacy, education, networking opportunities, recognition of achievement and by supporting them in controlling their own destiny. Membership of the DSA provides a mark of trust and integrity.