While it’s rare that consumers or independent sales consultants (ISCs) have a complaint with DSA members or their representatives, we stand ready to assist you if the need arises. Our self-regulatory processes ensure that DSA member companies and their independent salespeople comply with our codes through our Code Administrator (CA).
If ever you feel a DSA member company or ISC is engaging in a business practice you believe to be unethical, illegal, or violating our Codes of Ethics & Business Practices (to which every DSA member must adhere), we recommend these steps:
- Try to resolve the matter directly with the company or ISC. Your complaint should be in writing and include the following basic points:
- Date and details of the incident;
- Parties involved;
- If possible, identify the specific Code you feel was violated;
- Efforts you’ve made to resolve the matter;
- Cost and amount of product, if relevant, and include invoices or other supporting documents;
- Any responses the other parties made to resolve the matter;
- Current status of the complaint; and
- How you’d like to see the issue resolved or remedied.
If you still are not satisfied, contact the DSA’s Code Administrator, providing a written description of your complaint. The CA acts independently, and all member companies have agreed to honour his/her decisions. The CA is not connected with any member company nor Association staff, and you can correspond directly with the CA (marked “CONFIDENTIAL”) via:
c/o Direct Sellers Association of Canada,
180 Attwell Drive, Suite #250,
Toronto, Ontario M9W 6A9