Benefits of Membership
Membership of the Direct Selling Association of Canada provides a level of trust and integrity for member companies and shows their commitment to quality business practices and consumer protection.
The DSA is a well-positioned advocate, embodying the best in business – fair play, protection, passion, and a culture of shared information and prosperity. Membership of the DSA is your commitment – a proud banner declaring that you uphold these ideals in your corporation.
Trust and Integrity
The DSA embodies all that is best in the direct sales field, and that is reflected in our commitment to professionalism and expertise in a competitive arena. Our logo is a symbol of credibility and the highest business standards. Members who display the DSA logo on their website and marketing materials are viewed as upholding these high standards.
Each member company must meet specific criteria in order to join, ensuring their ability to live up to the benchmarks established by the DSA. And each member company must agree to abide by the DSA’s Codes of Ethics and Business Practices, designed to protect customers and prospective entrepreneurs.
The DSA takes the Codes of Ethics and Business Practices very seriously. For that reason, we contract an experienced and diligent third-party lawyer to investigate ethics complaints involving our member companies.
The DSA has its finger on the pulse of government at all levels; monitoring issues, consulting regulatory bodies and officials, and shaping policy on behalf of the industry. We provide a collective voice to ensure an open marketplace in which our member companies and their Independent Sales Contractors can conduct business.
A number of committees provide the opportunity for members to be involved in shaping the DSA’s policy priorities and initiatives.
Communication and Resources
DSA membership provides you with access to a wealth of news, information and data, including our regularly published Socio-Economic Impact Study and industry surveys.
Through a variety of channels, such as our newsletter, website and social media platforms, we offer timely updates on issues of importance to the industry. DSA also works through traditional media to influence policy and promote direct selling as a unique and growing business model. This provides value to the entire industry.
Events and Education
Whether it’s the DSA’s Annual Conference, webinars and seminars throughout the year, networking events or mentoring opportunities, members benefit from the DSA’s unique industry perspective.
We help members connect and learn from one another via our communications networks, annual conference, and networking events. The DSA also offers a mentorship program for new members, pairing them with current members and industry experts.
As a member, you will also have the opportunity to:
- Attend the Annual DSA Canada Conference.
- Attend member-only seminars and webinars.
- Feature the DSA logo on your electronic and printed resources.
- Participate in our Annual Awards Program.
- Be involved in policy development.
- Attend and vote at the Annual General Meeting.
- Be elected to the Association’s Board of Directors.
- Participate in Direct Selling Education Foundation activities and fundraising.
- Represent the Association at advocacy events and on external consultations.
- Volunteer on internal committees such as the Government Relations Committee, Awards Committee, Health & Environment Committee, Conference Committee, Communications Committee.
Supplier Member Benefits
- Excellent access to potential customers, clients and contracts.
- Listing in the DSA supplier directory.
- Opportunities for promotion through DSA communications and events.
- Participation in Association meetings and conferences (Supplier members are non-voting).