2018 Scholarship Recipients
The Direct Sellers Association of Canada (DSA) is proud to announce that it has awarded six (6) $2,000 scholarships to both deserving children of active Independent Sales Consultants (ISCs) of DSA Member Companies and ISCs who themselves are students. The DSA has also awarded one (1) scholarship of $2,000 to a deserving child of a DSA Member Company employee. These scholarships are made possible by funding and leadership of the Direct Selling Education Foundation of Canada (DSEF).
The seven recipients of the 2018 DSA Academic Scholarships are:
- Molly Sun, USANA Health Sciences*
- Derek MacDougall, AVON Canada Inc.
- Sébastien Tremblay, Scentsy Canada Enterprises
- Cassie Burns, Arbonne International Canada
- Senja Lieuwen, AVON Canada Inc.
- Estelle Dube, Arbonne International Canada
- Julia Connell, Nature’s Sunshine*
Additionally, for the very first time, the DSA is awarding $1,000 grants to the academic institution of two (2) of the scholarship recipients*. Both the University of British Columbia and York University will receive the grants to help promote the integrity, trust and transparency of direct selling, a business model that is underrepresented in education.
2019 application forms will be available in March 2019.
These scholarships are made possible by funding and leadership of the Direct Selling Education Foundation of Canada (DSEF). Scholarship recipients will be selected on the basis of academic performance, faculty recommendation, extracurricular activities/community involvement, employment experience and a brief personal statement.
The application is a two-stage process. To qualify, applicants must satisfy all of the following criteria:
- Has submitted the application form by the specified deadline.
- I am or have a parent or legal guardian that is an active independent distributor/representative/consultant for a DSA member company (Representative must provide a valid representative number and identify DSA member company).
- Representative and DSA member company must be in good standing as of the application deadline.
- Full-time student registered in a degree or diploma program at a Canadian college or university entering the second, third or fourth year or enrolled in a three or four year CEGEP or technical school program. First year students are not eligible.
- Provide most recent college/university transcript (does not need to be an official transcript).
- Provide proof of enrolment in an accredited Canadian college or university program.
- Provide Letter of Reference from Faculty Member.
- Provide video application/testimonial.
Scholarship recipients will be notified in writing. Arrangements will be made at that time for the release of scholarship funds.