Scholarship Program – NOW ACCEPTING 2021 APPLICATIONS!
Scroll down to submit your application by May 14, 2021.
Every year, our Scholarship Program awards a total of $16,000 to eligible post-secondary students with ties to the direct selling industry, to help them advance their post-secondary education.
The Scholarship Program helps to raise awareness of the direct selling model both with students and academia. It consists of six $2,000 scholarships awarded to eligible children or grandchildren of active independent sales consultants (ISCs) of DSA Canada member companies or ISCs who themselves are students. It also awards one $2,000 scholarship to an eligible child of a DSA Canada member company employee. Additionally, two $1,000 grants are also awarded to the academic institution of the top two scholarship recipients.
These scholarships are made possible by funding from the DSA and leadership of the Direct Selling Education Foundation of Canada (DSEF). Scholarship recipients will be selected on the basis of the impact direct selling has had on their life, academic performance, faculty recommendation, extracurricular activities/community involvement and employment experience.
The application is a two-stage process. To qualify, applicants must satisfy all of the following criteria:
- Has submitted the application form by May 14, 2021.
- I am or have a parent, grandparent or legal guardian that is an active independent distributor/representative/consultant for a DSA member company OR have a parent or legal guardian that is a full time permanent employee of a member company. (Representative must provide a valid representative number and identify DSA member company).
- Representative and DSA member company must be in good standing as of the application deadline.
- Full-time student registered in a degree or diploma program at a Canadian college or university entering the second, third or fourth year or enrolled in a three or four year CEGEP or technical school program. Students entering first year in September 2021 are not eligible.
Now accepting applications. Submit by May 14, 2021.
- Only those selected for stage 2 will be notified by June 10, 2021
- Provide most recent college/university transcript (does not need to be an official transcript).
- Provide proof of enrollment in an accredited Canadian college or university program.
- Provide Letter of Reference from Faculty Member.
- Provide video application/testimonial.
Information You’ll Need to Provide
Here’s the type of information you will need to provide us with when you apply:
- Your contact and post-secondary studies information
- Independent Sales Consultant (ISC) contact information and representative number
- Personal/family involvement in direct selling and skills learned
- Academic achievements
- Personal accomplishments, goals and aspirations
- Employment experience
2020 Scholarship Recipients
The DSA has awarded six (6) $2,000 scholarships to both deserving children and grandchildren of active Independent Sales Consultants (ISCs) of DSA Member Companies and ISCs who themselves are students. The DSA has also awarded one (1) scholarship of $2,000 to a deserving child of a DSA Member Company employee.
The seven recipients of the 2020 DSA Canada Scholarships are:
- Annie Sahagian, AVON Canada Inc., University of Toronto (Scarborough Campus)
- Manon Garde, Mary Kay, University of Waterloo
- Jazlyn Rohatensky, USANA Health Sciences, University of Winnipeg
- Chong Hern Ling, USANA Health Sciences, University of British Columbia
- Rylen Williamson, Amway Canada, University of Calgary
- Nicole Buzzelli, Arbonne International Canada, Huron College, University of Western
- Mallika Vijayakumar, Mary Kay, McMaster University
In recognition of their achievements, this year’s top two students, Annie Sahagian from the University of Toronto (Scarborough Campus) and Mallika Vijayakumar from McMaster University, will also see a $1,000 grant awarded to each of their schools.